1. What better way to insulate yourself from getting hurt than walking away first?
2. You get a clearer picture on who would fight to stay and who would let you walk away.
3. The luxury to practice ambivalence.
4. They’re too good for you and they deserve better than the flighty, blubbering mess that you are– never ready to fully risk it and backing out at the slightest hint of pain.
5. You eliminate the chance of them trampling all over you.
6. It’s only fair because you’re less than deserving of their affection.
7. It is easier to push them away than let them in.
8. You ultimately die alone.