It’s been 22 years. I’m used to not having a date on Valentine’s Day. Don’t watch the movie of the same name. It’s not that big a deal. I promise you.
1. Your pet needs you. Go have some bonding time at home, eat popcorn and watch reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Your single friends need you too. If you’re in a relationship, don’t rub it in.
2. It’s a work day on the 15th. You need your sleep.
3. You’re still bitter that they didn’t make the 14th pay out day instead of the 15th, hence you had to wait for the 15th to take your loved-one on a date.
4. You need the money to save up for the upcoming summer trip. Sorry guys, summer in here comes early– as in April, but because of Global Warming, it can start as early as March.
5. Being single is in. If you really want to go out on the 14th (even if you don’t have money yet because pay day’s the following day), celebrate it with your single friends. Don’t make it a pity party. Count the benefits of being single. You might still fall short but hey, if it’s meant, it’s meant.
I don’t want to feel pressured to be in a relationship just because I’m 22. I don’t want to be an old maid either but this freakin’ Valentine’s Day is magnifying everything. What do you know? I might pull a Summer Finn on Tuesday.
P.S I should probably mention that I use sarcasm as a self-defense like Chandler Bing.